Sat, Jul 15|
The Chrysalis: Monarch School's Center
Developing Classroom Management Skills for Teaching Artists
Learn with Bridget Cavaiola Stone, Director of Learning, La Jolla Playhouse
Time & Location
Jul 15, 2023, 12:30 PM – 3:30 PM PDT
The Chrysalis: Monarch School's Center, 1805 Main St, San Diego, CA 92113, USA
About the Event
In this interactive workshop, teaching artists will learn how to support student engagement through the successful implementation of classroom management strategies grounded in their own art form. This training is geared towards new or mid-career teaching artists, or any teaching artists looking to polish their classroom management in collaboration with students and teachers.
Participants will learn about:
- How to incorporate classroom management into lesson plans and curriculum.
- Making classroom management a holistic part of successful lesson implementation.
- Using creative movement opportunities as a management technique.
- Using formal and informal assessment to examine teaching practices.
- Effectively understand how to adjust to build on the next lesson.