Thu, Jun 22|
The Chrysalis: Monarch School's Center
Arts Integration Intensive (Two-part workshop)
Learn with Deirdre F. Moore, Program Manager & Arts Integration Specialist, Arts Education Connection San Diego
Time & Location
Jun 22, 2:30 PM – 5:30 PM PDT
The Chrysalis: Monarch School's Center, 1805 Main St, San Diego, CA 92113, USA
About the Event
In this six-hour arts integration workshop, participants will be deeply immersed in the theory and practice of arts integration in preparation for the 2023-2024 school year. This training is geared towards mid-career teaching artists who have some experience working with students and collaborating with classroom teachers. Participants will learn about:
• The new California Visual and Performing Arts Standards.
• Developing high-quality, standards aligned lesson plans.
• Designing and implementing strong Arts Integration units with classroom teachers.
• The difference between Arts Integration, STEAM, Arts Enhancement, and the discrete
• Effectively using assessment in the classroom to heighten impact for students.